About Boxted Hall
Records show that the Weller-Poley family have lived in the Hall since 1398.
Guy and Melissa moved back to the Boxted Estate in 2013. They renovated the magnificent stable block, situated 50 yards north of the Hall, which is now home to them and their three sons Marcus, Caspar and Kit.
A rare collection of family portraits, dating back to 1575, adorn the walls of the house, portraying 24 generations of Weller-Poleys.
The River Glem makes its way behind the Hall, through the walled garden, where two listed summer houses are to be found. The arched footbridge over the moat to the front door of the house dates back to the 11th century.
At the top of the parkland sits the family church of Holy Trinity, Boxted. Built in the 13th century, it houses many commemorative monuments to the family.
“Boxted Hall has been a perfect home for 700 years"